Clothes Dryer Fires - the lint trap..
Posted on 08/29/2012 at 12:00 am by EC Moran Insurance Company
Viewed 8,113 times
The US Fire Administration has put out a report on Clothes Dryer Fires. According to the report:
- An estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires in residential buildings are reported to U.S. fire departments each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- Clothes dryer fire incidence in residential buildings was higher in the fall and winter months, peaking in January at 11 percent.
- Failure to clean (34 percent) was the leading factor contributing to the ignition of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Dust, fiber, and lint (28 percent) and clothing not on a person (27 percent) were, by far, the leading items first ignited in clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Fifty-four percent of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings were confined to the object of origin.
The full report is located here: http://www.usfa.fema.gov/media/press/2012releases/080712.shtm
Call Us today
for a FREE quote
Auto | Home | Business | Marine
E.C. Moran Company, Inc.
425 Main Street
Rockland, Maine 04841